Mold in a temporary home and how to remove it

A microscopic fungus that grows on almost any building and finishing materials is mold. In the process of growth, the fungus destroys the surfaces in contact with it, releases dangerous poisons and allergens. Therefore, mold in a temporary residence is unacceptable.

Mold in the summer house and how to remove it

The spores of the fungus are found in soil and water, and are carried through the air along with dust. Once in favorable conditions, the mold quickly forms large colonies visible to the naked eye. The best conditions for the development of mold mycelium are created in dark, humid and unventilated areas. For example, in corners, next to sewer and water pipes, in gaps between structural or finishing slabs. Where does mold come from?

The main causes of mold growth in a temporary residence are as follows:

  • Lack of heating in winter.
    Temporary buildings are often not heated or heated insufficiently. As a result, ice builds up on the walls in winter, which turns into water in spring: building materials swell and retain excess moisture for a long time. The room becomes damp, and mold appears on the walls.
  • Insufficient ventilation.
    When constructing temporary structures, developers often want to save money and stop only at natural ventilation, but it is not able to provide sufficient air exchange. The air in such a house quickly becomes musty, its humidity rises. Condensation appears, and then a fungus.

What is the danger of mold in temporary housing, and how to get rid of it?

Danger of mold in temporary housing

Mold is dangerous for two reasons: firstly, it changes the structural characteristics of building and finishing materials, reducing the operational life of the temporary building, and secondly, it causes a number of deadly human diseases. If mold has appeared in a temporary residence, it is:

  • violates sanitary and hygienic standards: it is no longer possible to live in such a house;
  • increases the risk of collapse: mold destroys supporting structures, accelerates their corrosion, the house gradually settles;
  • renders unusable all household items: furniture, appliances, woven items, and so on;
  • creates a risk to health and life.

Mold spores are a dangerous allergen. When inhaled, a person develops chronic tracheitis, bronchitis, runny nose and asthma, and lung function is disrupted. An even greater threat is the mycotoxins released by mold – poisons that affect the circulatory, nervous, and digestive systems. Once in the body, they cause severe poisoning and deadly diseases.
Therefore, if mold is found in the temporary hut, it must be immediately destroyed.

How to get rid of mold in the hut?

How to get rid of mold in a shed

Removing mold is difficult. It is not enough just to scrape off the mold – its mycelium penetrates into building and finishing materials, so chemical treatment is needed. It is even more difficult to get rid of spores – microscopic zygotes settle on all surfaces in the house, all furniture and things need to be processed.

It is much easier than getting rid of mold in a temporary building, to prevent its occurrence. To do this, you need to maintain a healthy microclimate in the room: normalize air humidity, remove carbon dioxide in a timely manner, and minimize the risks of condensation. Forced ventilation systems and air dryers cope with these tasks.
But the owners of temporary houses are often not interested in purchasing and installing them for a number of reasons: firstly, they need to be connected to the mains. Not every temporary housing is electrified, and if

power cable and connected, then additional load is not welcome: the risk of a short circuit increases. Secondly, electrical equipment consumes a large amount of electricity – one of the most expensive energy resources. Maintenance of temporary housing becomes unprofitable.
Solar-powered devices are becoming an attractive alternative to electrical equipment.

Protecting a temporary residence from mold – it’s real to save!

Solar appliances heat the air and force it into the room, due to which:
positive temperature is set in the rooms;

  • the premises are protected from freezing in winter;
  • excess moisture is removed from the air;
  • minimizes the risk of condensation;
  • a healthy microclimate is established.

All causes of mold growth are eliminated – this is a reliable protection for a temporary residence.

At the same time, solar-powered equipment is autonomous, does not require connection to the mains, and is suitable for installation on non-electrified facilities. It is easy to install, no approvals or permits are required before installation. But the main thing is that it does not consume electricity and works for free, which makes it an attractive solution in the eyes of the owners of the temporary hut.
No more mold in the temporary residence!

Protect your holiday home from mold

Choose your Air Solar Collector

View in catalog
Share your love