Mold in an animal kennel

Mold in an animal kennel

Mold is called 8 families of unicellular fungi that actively develop in a humid environment. Mold infects almost any materials and surfaces and leads to their destruction. If in nature the fungus performs a number of useful functions, then the mold in the animal nursery is a threat to the health of its inhabitants and employees.

The fungus develops from microscopic spores present in the air, soil, and on the surface of household items. As soon as the spores enter a favorable environment – moist, warm, with limited air flow – they germinate. Where does mold come from in an animal kennel? Spores of the fungus are brought on the soles of shoes, get through the ventilation system from the street, the animals themselves bring them on their paws and wool after walking. Regular cleaning and disinfection does not completely eliminate mold spores, so it is important to maintain conditions in the nursery that are unfavorable for their development.

Why is mold dangerous in an animal kennel?

Mold violates the sanitary conditions of animals. Many types of fungus are poisonous – they release mycotoxins into the air that disrupt the metabolic processes in vertebrate cells. Breathing problems begin, pulmonary edema develops, and the nervous system fails. In severe poisoning, death is possible.

The second threat is the disputes themselves. They are a serious allergen: when they are inhaled, both humans and animals develop chronic rhinitis, bronchitis, and asthma. If spores of certain types of mold enter a weakened body (an elderly individual or an animal after an injury), there is a risk of mold damage to internal organs. Diagnosing and treating diseases caused by toxic mold is extremely difficult. There is no time to find out where the mold came from in the animal kennel, sick inhabitants are isolated, and the room itself is treated from the fungus.

Mold is dangerous not only for animals, but also for nursery employees. It also destroys building and finishing materials, reducing the service life of the premises and making it unsuitable for keeping birds and animals.

How to get rid of mold in a pet kennel?

How to get rid of mold in a pet kennel?

Gray, black or yellow spots on the walls, ceiling, next to sewer or water pipes, the smell of mushrooms and rot in the air are signs of mold. The colony is eliminated using first mechanical cleaning agents (scrapers, abrasive detergents), then disinfectants designed specifically for fungi. But even so, it will not be possible to completely get rid of mold: in the process of its growth, it produces spores that scatter and cover all surfaces of the nursery. It needs complete processing.

Many disinfectants are dangerous not only for the fungus, but also for animals, which makes the cleaning procedure difficult – you need to choose a product that is non-toxic to the inhabitants of the nursery, but at the same time effective. The second option is to transfer pets to another room for the duration of disinfection, which is not always possible. Therefore, it is much easier to prevent the appearance of mold than to later decide how to get rid of mold in the animal kennel.

A nursery is an ideal place for mold to develop. In the process of breathing, animals produce heat and moisture, which soaks the bedding and settles on the walls. Leftover food serves as a breeding ground for the fungus, and it grows rapidly. You can prevent this if:

  • regularly clean;
  • control the level of air humidity;
  • prevent the accumulation of condensate;
  • Eliminate areas of stagnant air.

That is, you need high-quality ventilation. A constant supply of fresh air regulates the humidity in the room and creates a healthy microclimate that is favorable for animals and not suitable for mushrooms.

It is desirable that the air undergoes preliminary preparation – it is heated and dried. Solar-powered equipment copes with this task. It takes outside air, heats it by 10-40ºS (depending on the time of year) using solar energy, and then pumps it into the rooms. Warm air eliminates condensation, removes stagnant air masses, and prevents mold from growing.

Benefits of choosing solar-powered equipment

Mold in an animal kennel

When thinking about how to get rid of mold in a pet kennel, many owners prefer to install solar-powered equipment.

The ventilation created with the help of solar devices effectively copes with the tasks assigned to it:

  • provides an influx of fresh air;
  • raises its temperature (in the winter season) and removes excess moisture;
  • creates a uniformly circulating airflow – there are no stagnant zones;
  • quickly removes the products of respiration from the room.

But at the same time, it does not require connection to the power grid, does not consume expensive energy resources for its operation, in fact, it works for free, requiring minimal investment only at the stage of equipment purchase.

Installation of devices is simple, no need to order project documentation, it is enough to select equipment according to power, based on the area of ​​\u200b\u200bthe premises. The created ventilation will be environmentally friendly and safe for the environment. And there will be no more mold in the animal kennel.

Get rid of mold in the nursery

Choose your Air Solar Collector

View in catalog
Share your love