Mold is a microscopic fungus, often dangerous to humans, animals and plants. During storage, root crops emit heat, water, carbon dioxide, which affects the microclimate in the room: the air becomes humid, condensation forms on the walls and floor.
Natural ventilation cannot cope with the timely removal of exhaust gases due to the large area of the vegetable warehouse and the peculiarities of product storage. As a result, zones of stagnant air are formed. Together, this creates optimal conditions for the development of mold in the vegetable warehouse. Favors its growth and the abundance of nutrient medium – stored vegetables and fruits.
Harm from mold in a vegetable store
The damage from the appearance of mold in the vegetable warehouse is enormous. The first and obvious problem that will have to be faced is the partial or complete death of the crop. The mold grows rapidly and infects root crops or other agricultural products, making them unsuitable for further use. Affected vegetables are destroyed, which leads to large financial losses..
The second problem that arises if you do not take measures to prevent mold in the vegetable warehouse is violation of sanitary and hygienic working conditions. The fungus and its spores are dangerous not only for food, but also for humans. Some types of mold release mycotoxins – poisons that affect the circulatory, nervous, and digestive systems. Upon contact with them, a person develops instant pulmonary edema, symptoms of acute poisoning appear, and higher nervous activity is disturbed. At a high dose, a lethal outcome is possible.
Mold spores are no less of a problem. They irritate the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract and cause chronic rhinitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia.
Mold at the vegetable warehouse causes damage to the building itself. The fungus destroys building materials and damages supporting structures, accelerates wood decay and metal corrosion. As a result, the service life of the vegetable warehouse is significantly reduced, and the risk of building collapse increases.
Therefore, protecting the vegetable warehouse from mold is an important task that requires prompt measures.
How to remove mold in a vegetable store?
If the fungus has already appeared, you must:
- Find all mold colonies and destroy all affected products.
- Treat the vegetable warehouse with a special chemical composition designed to combat the fungus.
- Carry out mold prevention in the vegetable warehouse to prevent its reappearance.
Measures to destroy mold require a lot of effort, time and money, so the best defense is to create unfavorable conditions for the development of the fungus in the room. It is required to normalize the humidity of the air, establish its constant circulation, and achieve effective removal of carbon dioxide. This can be done with the help of modern ventilation systems and air dryers.
The equipment heats the air and removes excess moisture from it, and then pumps it into the room. But if the device runs on electricity, then the solution has a number of disadvantages:
- creates an additional load on the power grid;
- energy consumption and maintenance costs of the vegetable warehouse are growing;
- the installation of complex ventilation systems requires serious preparation: coordination with regulatory authorities, design calculations.
Therefore, many entrepreneurs are interested in finding alternative solutions for the prevention of mold in the vegetable warehouse. An attractive option is the use of solar-powered appliances.
An economical option to protect the vegetable base from mold
In order not to think about how to remove mold in a vegetable warehouse, and at the same time avoid the disadvantages associated with installing electrical equipment, solar-powered appliances are installed.
The principle of their operation is the same as that of all dehumidifiers, but at the same time they:
- environmentally friendly;
- do not consume electricity;
- do not create a load on the power grid.
Turning on automatically every time the sun hits, devices:
- normalize air humidity;
- maintain a stable temperature at the vegetable warehouse;
- contribute to the rapid removal of carbon dioxide;
- remove areas of stagnant air.
That is, they eliminate all the causes of the appearance of the fungus and serve as an effective prevention of mold in the vegetable warehouse.
Additional benefits of solar equipment:
- It can be installed on a non-electrified facility, since its operation does not require power cables.
- Its installation does not require complex preliminary calculations or coordination with regulatory authorities.
- Simple and fast installation.
Mold will not appear at the vegetable warehouse, and the entrepreneur will keep his crop intact.